The membership in the Association is voluntary.
Membership in the Association is regular, affiliated, interest, donor and honourable. There may be:
- regular members
- associate members
- interested members
- donors members
- honourable members.
Any actuary may become a member of the Association through submission on an application form. Each member may withdraw from membership in the Association at any time, freely in his/her own discretion.
The Association maintains a register of its members. The member list is updated regularly on an annual basis. The register contains information which is protected in accordance with the provisions of the Personal Data Protection Law.
Regular member of the Association is obliged to meet relevant membership criteria:
- To provide supporting documents for the profound theoretical and practical knowledge on actuarial science accompanied by the application form. The necessary set of documents is prescribed by the Association subject to Internal Regulations.
- To fully accept and comply with the Code of Professional Conduct for Actuaries;
- To follow scientific developments in the field of actuarial profession and its application in practice;
- To have working and/or practical experience in actuarial activities for at least three years.
- To meet requirements of the Rulebook on Continuous Professional Improvement enacted by the Association.
Every regular member of MAA shall become MAA Qualified Actuary.
Regular members – Founders are those members who have participated at the Constituent Conference of the Assembly and they meet the requirements for regular members.
Associate members of the Association can become any physical person who:
- Has provided supporting documents for the profound theoretical knowledge on actuarial science accompanied by the application form. The necessary set of documents is prescribed by the Association subject to special Internal Regulations.
- Accepts and complies with the Code of Professional Conduct for Actuaries.
Interested members of Association can become any physical persons who have been recently attending professional actuarial training under the Program of the Association or any other actuarial association which is a full member of the International Actuarial Association or are keen on acquiring knowledge of actuarial profession.
Donors members can become any natural persons and legal entities who assist their work with donations whereby they express their support of the mission and the activities of the Association.
Honourable members of the Association may become persons who are especially worthy for the Association and meritorious in development and promotion of actuarial theory and practice in the Republic of Macedonia or in any other way have contributed to the development and improvement of the Association.
The decision on the proclamation of the honorary member is passed by the Assembly of the Association at the proposal of the Executive Board.